Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: £23-£28,000 plus overtime
IPS are a leading technical supplier to the events industry, with projects including Staging & Structures as well as the supply of Lighting, Rigging, Sound, Video & Power equipment and services. We mainly work behind the scenes supplying other companies and agencies, but our equipment is regularly to be found onsite on all kinds of projects all over the UK and beyond.
As a Warehouse Technician, you would be based in our Milton Keynes warehouse, and report to our Warehouse Manager. You would work alongside other warehouse technicians, warehouse operatives and the goods in and out team, as well as our specialist department teams. On a day-to-day basis, the role would include:
- Equipment Prep: Picking, collating, configuring, and packaging equipment ready for both equipment only hires and for IPS projects
- Equipment Dispatch: Scanning and checking case codes, and then loading equipment onto our own or customers vehicles and ensuring appropriate paperwork is completed
- Equipment Check In: Recording/Scanning returned equipment case codes and collating into areas ready for return
- Equipment Return: Counting, checking and inspecting all returned equipment to ensure it is all present and in suitable condition. Cleaning and resetting/configuring as required, as well as making minor repairs or adjustments and/or sending for repair as required, and returning to the shelf when completed and ready to hire again – and keeping detailed records of progress
- Working with our inventory management software HireTrack to accurately complete prep, dispatch, check in and return lists using barcode scanners to track all items.
- A good working knowledge of event technology is required for this role, covering disciplines including Lighting, Sound, Rigging, Power and Video as you will be working with equipment from ALL these areas.
Physical effort and manual handling skills are an essential part of this role as equipment will need to be handled and moved around regularly as part of this role. You will also need good computer skills to work with our systems, as well as effective communication skills, and an eye for detail as consistent and accurate work is very important. Working often within tight time constraints, you must be able to get things done – ideally with a smile too.
Along with the salary and overtime package, IPS offers a company pension scheme, employee benefits and rewards scheme. Holiday allowances start at 20 days plus bank holidays per year, increasing to 22 days plus bank holidays after two years continuous service. An additional holiday day per year is then added annually up to a maximum of 25 days plus bank holidays. Free staff parking is available onsite, and you will be provided with branded T-Shirts and jackets as well as PPE which form the workplace uniform. There are also training opportunities for things like Forklift Truck use, and this is an ideal starting point role for someone looking to progress to team leadership roles, or an Event Technician or member of one of our specialist department teams.