Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: £22-£24,000 plus overtime
IPS are a leading technical supplier to the events industry, with projects including Staging & Structures as well as the supply of Lighting, Rigging, Sound, Video & Power equipment and services. We mainly work behind the scenes supplying other companies and agencies, but our equipment is regularly to be found onsite on all kinds of projects all over the UK and beyond.
As a Staging & Yard Operative, you would be based in our Milton Keynes warehouse, and report to our Warehouse Manager. You would work alongside other warehouse technicians, warehouse operatives and the goods in and out team, as well as our specialist department teams. This role is based in the Staging & Structures side of our work, and on a day-to-day basis, the role would include:
- Equipment Prep: Picking, collating, configuring, and packaging Staging & Structures equipment ready for IPS projects
- Equipment Dispatch: Loading equipment onto vehicles and ensuring everything is correct with the appropriate paperwork completed
- Equipment Return: Unloading, then counting, checking and inspecting all returned equipment to ensure it is all present and in suitable condition. Repackaging/restacking and returning to standard configuration as required, as well as making minor repairs or adjustments and/or sending for repair as required– and keeping detailed records of progress
- Yard & Warehouse: Ensuring that all areas are kept tidy with equipment stored in a safe, secure and organised environment.
- A good working knowledge of event staging/rigging/structures hardware is required for this role, especially Layher Allround and Event System Components, the LitesDeck modular staging system, Prolyte & Eurotruss Roof Systems and general rigging/scaffolding hardware.
Physical effort and manual handling skills are an essential part of this role as equipment will need to be handled and moved around regularly as part of this role. You will need to be a skilled and experienced Forklift Truck operator, and also able to confidently load and strap a range of vehicles. The ability to work well with others, and an eye for detail as consistent and accurate work is very important. Working often within tight time constraints, you must be able to get things done – ideally with a smile too.
Along with the salary and overtime package, IPS offers a company pension scheme, employee benefits and rewards scheme. Holiday allowances start at 20 days plus bank holidays per year, increasing to 22 days plus bank holidays after two years continuous service. An additional holiday day per year is then added annually up to a maximum of 25 days plus bank holidays. Free staff parking is available onsite, and you will be provided with branded T-Shirts and jackets as well as PPE which form the workplace uniform. There are internal training opportunities within IPS to increase product awareness, and this is an ideal starting point role for someone looking to progress to work as a stage builder or Event Technician.