Location: Uxbridge, London
Salary: Competitive Salary
Come and join the ‘World’s Largest Event Technology & Service Provider’. Our global footprint, combined with the diverse talents of our people around the world, allows us to produce inspiring events from annual corporate events to full productions.
Approximately 1.7 million in-person, virtual and hybrid events are produced annually. So, you will be joining our growing global team, in which you could potentially explore opportunities in more than 20 countries across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Australia and Asia.
In your role, you will be helping us create unique event solutions for customers and each day is filled with new and exciting challenges. Every step of the way, you’re surrounded by talented people who have your back – artistic visionaries, meticulous managers, and technical wizards. The opportunities here – and the cutting-edge technology at your fingertips – make coming to work inspiring.
The opportunities to grow and build on your knowledge and talents are limitless, with our teams in Digital Services, Creative Services, Sales, Power, Rigging, IT, Finance, Marketing, HR, Product Management and more. No matter where you begin at Encore, you’ll find so many ways to grow personally and professionally, advancing your career.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing project scope for a large-scale event. This position will monitor progress and performance against the project plan; identifying, resolving, escalating operational problems, and minimising delays. This position is responsible for the end-to-end execution of projects from event design and development through closing. The Project Manager will ensure successful and profitable execution of events by following Technical and Production Standards and supporting the implementation of processes and SOP’s that drive consistency in event production. This position will partner with Project Management, Sales, and Operations teams in determining event technical requirements and communicating event execution plan with all parties. The Project Manager will report to the Director, Project Management or General Manager in the UAE or Regional Operations Manager subject to function and/or region.
Key Job Responsibilities
Event Project Management
• Prepare and communicate technical production & labour schedules, sub-rental requirements, project scope, execution plan and individual responsibilities to team members, vendors and venue partners.
• Determine and secure the resources required to successfully complete each project.
• Drive Results – Maintain focus on client needs by attending client meetings, creating and maintaining organised show documentation and responding to client concerns and questions.
• Monitor project scope throughout the event planning process and adjust as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project.
• Assist sales and operations teams to help determine equipment needs and technical solutions for the project.
• Assist with the creation of technical diagrams when required.
• Review all sales documents to confirm that the equipment and technical positions will meet the client’s needs.
• Deliver World Class Service – Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients at all levels of their organisation and provide outstanding customer service while focusing on client retention.
• Provide leadership for Technical teams on events.
• Ensure that all the necessary HSE documentations including but not limited to Risk Assessments and Method Statements are in place and communicated to the project delivery team prior to the execution of an event.
• See the Bigger Picture – Act as the project leader and onsite contact for the client throughout the event.
• Manage all phases of event technical execution from load-in through run of show to load-out.
• Assume ownership of inventory management throughout the event.
• Communicate the project plan and client expectations to event team.
• Manage onsite changes, including schedule, equipment or workforce modifications.
• Value People – Mentor and communicate with Encore Team Members on event execution and best practices to help improve the local knowledge base and experience in the market.
• Do the Right Thing – Ensure compliance with established Technical Standards and Production Standards.
• At all times, the Project Manager is expected to abide by all health and safety requirements to company and international standards and to ensure that all team members and subcontractors working onsite adhere to the same.
• Follow up with clients on-site to ensure that their needs are met and the equipment setup is working properly.
• Assist in the creation, analysis, and execution of the project budget, partnering with regional leadership to mitigate external workforce and sub-rental spend.
• Manage event costs to align with budget and ensure all onsite changes are communicated to sales for billing purposes.
• Assist with the completion of post-event client invoice. Work with operations management to ensure the prompt payment of all external vendors
• Ensure compliance with Encore Policies and Procedures to minimise company’s exposure to liability claims and property damage, theft and misappropriation.
Administrative & Training
• Complete Encore post-event process, to include the completion of all post-show reporting, confirming all workforce hours are accurately entered and ensuring that outsourced equipment is returned to appropriate provider.
• Participate in the development of Project Management SOP’s.
• Conduct review and analysis of proposed events as required.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and may change, or additional tasks within scope of work may be assigned at any time with or without notice, as necessitated by business demands.
• 4+ years of technical experience in the Corporate Staging or Broadcast industry. Project Management experience is preferred
• 1+ year of Supervisory experience preferred
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong Technical Background
• Strong Client relationship skills
• Familiarity with budgets and cost control
• Operational logistics experience
• Works well under pressure
• Ability to manage multiple complex job functions within a fast-paced environment
• MS Office experience required
• Technical diagram knowledge / experience preferred
• Ability to travel up to 50% may be required
• Optimises Work Processes
• Financial Acumen
• Detail Oriented
• Problem Solving
• Drives Quality Results
• Communicates Effectively
• Plans and Aligns
• Builds Effective Teams
• Decision Quality
• Manages Complexity